The Glasgow Cathedral Choral Society was founded in 1938 by Wilfred J. Emery, who was then the Director of Music at Glasgow Cathedral. His idea was to enrich the musical life of the Cathedral and the City by performing sacred music in the space it was originally intended for, and our choir has been exploring this idea for the past 77 years. The choral society began its life as an extension of the Cathedral Choir, but is is now an entirely separate organisation with its own constitution, committee and finances.
We give three concerts each year in Glasgow Cathedral, along with performances in other venues which have included Callander, Lamlash, Langholm, Ayr, St. Andrews, Dunkeld and Dunlop.
We are in the process of updating our Internet presence, we can be found at:
- At our Web Site
- On Facebook
- At Twitter
- We are developing a new web site that is tablet and mobile friendly
Glasgow Cathedral Choral Society is a Registered Scottish Charity No. SC002763.